Feb 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
The game Monday night between the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers will see a couple of players re-entering the Sabres lineup.
“He looks like he’s ready to go, so hopefully he can resume where he left off,” Nolan told reporters today in First Niagara Center.
Stafford has been out since Jan. 25 and will be on a line with Tyler Ennis. Normally Matt Moulson would be on the left side, but with him out until after the Olympics with an injury, it’ll be Linus Omark lining up there against Edmonton.
As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, Nolan is trying to give Omark a jump start against his old team.
“We want to see what everybody thought he was capable of doing when he came into this league,” Nolan said. “He’s a highly skilled player. But as we know, skill can only get you so far. It’s the will and determination that’s going to push you further. So we want to see him play with a little more grit combined with that skill set.”
Safe to say if Omark isn’t motivated facing the team that buried him in the minors after not meeting their expectations, there might be an issue.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2