Feb 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
The game Monday night between the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers will see a couple of players re-entering the Sabres lineup.
“He looks like he’s ready to go, so hopefully he can resume where he left off,” Nolan told reporters today in First Niagara Center.
Stafford has been out since Jan. 25 and will be on a line with Tyler Ennis. Normally Matt Moulson would be on the left side, but with him out until after the Olympics with an injury, it’ll be Linus Omark lining up there against Edmonton.
As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, Nolan is trying to give Omark a jump start against his old team.
“We want to see what everybody thought he was capable of doing when he came into this league,” Nolan said. “He’s a highly skilled player. But as we know, skill can only get you so far. It’s the will and determination that’s going to push you further. So we want to see him play with a little more grit combined with that skill set.”
Safe to say if Omark isn’t motivated facing the team that buried him in the minors after not meeting their expectations, there might be an issue.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54