Feb 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
The game Monday night between the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers will see a couple of players re-entering the Sabres lineup.
“He looks like he’s ready to go, so hopefully he can resume where he left off,” Nolan told reporters today in First Niagara Center.
Stafford has been out since Jan. 25 and will be on a line with Tyler Ennis. Normally Matt Moulson would be on the left side, but with him out until after the Olympics with an injury, it’ll be Linus Omark lining up there against Edmonton.
As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, Nolan is trying to give Omark a jump start against his old team.
“We want to see what everybody thought he was capable of doing when he came into this league,” Nolan said. “He’s a highly skilled player. But as we know, skill can only get you so far. It’s the will and determination that’s going to push you further. So we want to see him play with a little more grit combined with that skill set.”
Safe to say if Omark isn’t motivated facing the team that buried him in the minors after not meeting their expectations, there might be an issue.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)