Feb 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of the latest goings on around the NHL…
Columbus recalls Erixon
Tim Erixon is once again back in Columbus. The Blue Jackets recalled the 22-year-old defenseman from AHL Springfield just days after sending him down. Erixon has played in just two games with the Blue Jackets this season. With Springfield he has 24 points in 27 games.
Emmerton clears waivers, sent to Grand Rapids
Red Wings forward Cory Emmerton made his way through waivers and his reward for that was a free trip to Grand Rapids. Emmerton had been out with an injured finger, but now that he’s healthy he had to go through waivers to be sent down. Considering Detroit’s injury problems this season, he might be back sooner than not.
Predators send down Moser, Sissons
The Nashville Predators sent down a pair of players to AHL Milwaukee. Forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons are headed back to the minors after a brief stay in the NHL.
Sissons played in three games and had one assists and Moser saw 10 minutes of action in the one game he played in and had no points. We’ll see more of Moser in Sochi as he’s a member of the Swiss Olympic team.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)