Feb 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of the latest goings on around the NHL…
Columbus recalls Erixon
Tim Erixon is once again back in Columbus. The Blue Jackets recalled the 22-year-old defenseman from AHL Springfield just days after sending him down. Erixon has played in just two games with the Blue Jackets this season. With Springfield he has 24 points in 27 games.
Emmerton clears waivers, sent to Grand Rapids
Red Wings forward Cory Emmerton made his way through waivers and his reward for that was a free trip to Grand Rapids. Emmerton had been out with an injured finger, but now that he’s healthy he had to go through waivers to be sent down. Considering Detroit’s injury problems this season, he might be back sooner than not.
Predators send down Moser, Sissons
The Nashville Predators sent down a pair of players to AHL Milwaukee. Forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons are headed back to the minors after a brief stay in the NHL.
Sissons played in three games and had one assists and Moser saw 10 minutes of action in the one game he played in and had no points. We’ll see more of Moser in Sochi as he’s a member of the Swiss Olympic team.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8