Feb 1, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
It was one of the turning points in Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, and could result in Nazem Kadri facing supplemental discipline.
Kadri hit Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci from behind into the end boards, then immediately set up Joffrey Lupul for a goal that ties the game in the second period. The hit, which somehow went undetected by the officials, quickly stirred up discussion on Twitter.
“Hopefully they crack down on that. That’s the stuff we’re trying to get out of the game,” Neil added, via Stephen Whyno of The Canadian Press.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)