Feb 1, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
It was one of the turning points in Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, and could result in Nazem Kadri facing supplemental discipline.
Kadri hit Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci from behind into the end boards, then immediately set up Joffrey Lupul for a goal that ties the game in the second period. The hit, which somehow went undetected by the officials, quickly stirred up discussion on Twitter.
“Hopefully they crack down on that. That’s the stuff we’re trying to get out of the game,” Neil added, via Stephen Whyno of The Canadian Press.
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 4
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 28
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 45
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)