Feb 1, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
It was one of the turning points in Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, and could result in Nazem Kadri facing supplemental discipline.
Kadri hit Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci from behind into the end boards, then immediately set up Joffrey Lupul for a goal that ties the game in the second period. The hit, which somehow went undetected by the officials, quickly stirred up discussion on Twitter.
“Hopefully they crack down on that. That’s the stuff we’re trying to get out of the game,” Neil added, via Stephen Whyno of The Canadian Press.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)