Feb 1, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
It was one of the turning points in Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, and could result in Nazem Kadri facing supplemental discipline.
Kadri hit Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci from behind into the end boards, then immediately set up Joffrey Lupul for a goal that ties the game in the second period. The hit, which somehow went undetected by the officials, quickly stirred up discussion on Twitter.
“Hopefully they crack down on that. That’s the stuff we’re trying to get out of the game,” Neil added, via Stephen Whyno of The Canadian Press.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)