Feb 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Goaltender fights are rare enough, but you almost never see a forward start to trade blows with a netminder.
That’s what happened this afternoon when things got heated between Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop and Montreal’s Brandon Prust. The referees naturally broke things up quickly, but other players started to get in on the action.
You can see the incident below:
Both goaltenders, Bishop and Montreal’s Carey Price, ended up getting two minutes for leaving the crease. Prust was also handed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20