Feb 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Goaltender fights are rare enough, but you almost never see a forward start to trade blows with a netminder.
That’s what happened this afternoon when things got heated between Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop and Montreal’s Brandon Prust. The referees naturally broke things up quickly, but other players started to get in on the action.
You can see the incident below:
Both goaltenders, Bishop and Montreal’s Carey Price, ended up getting two minutes for leaving the crease. Prust was also handed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)