Feb 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Goaltender fights are rare enough, but you almost never see a forward start to trade blows with a netminder.
That’s what happened this afternoon when things got heated between Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop and Montreal’s Brandon Prust. The referees naturally broke things up quickly, but other players started to get in on the action.
You can see the incident below:
Both goaltenders, Bishop and Montreal’s Carey Price, ended up getting two minutes for leaving the crease. Prust was also handed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)