Feb 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Goaltender fights are rare enough, but you almost never see a forward start to trade blows with a netminder.
That’s what happened this afternoon when things got heated between Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop and Montreal’s Brandon Prust. The referees naturally broke things up quickly, but other players started to get in on the action.
You can see the incident below:
Both goaltenders, Bishop and Montreal’s Carey Price, ended up getting two minutes for leaving the crease. Prust was also handed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)