Feb 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Goaltender fights are rare enough, but you almost never see a forward start to trade blows with a netminder.
That’s what happened this afternoon when things got heated between Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop and Montreal’s Brandon Prust. The referees naturally broke things up quickly, but other players started to get in on the action.
You can see the incident below:
Both goaltenders, Bishop and Montreal’s Carey Price, ended up getting two minutes for leaving the crease. Prust was also handed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)