Feb 1, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ben Scrivens has made some good saves this afternoon, but the Boston Bruins ended his shutout streak at 126:41 minutes.
After he turned aside 102 consecutive shots, including his record-breaking 59-save shutout against San Jose on Wednesday, Bruins forward David Krejci was finally able to launch a shot to the back of the net.
The Bruins had the man advantage and the Oilers were further handicapped by the fact that Nick Schultz‘s stick had broken. Consequently, Boston was given ample opportunity to move the puck around before Jarome Iginla fed the puck to Krejci for the one timer.
You can see the goal below:
The Bruins nearly made the game 2-0, but a potential goal off of Loui Eriksson‘s skate was overruled because there was a kicking motion. Dougie Hamilton finally succeeded in providing Boston with an insurance goal at 6:43 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Scrivens’ stick from Wednesday’s game will be put in the Hall of Fame, according to Sportsnet’s Gene Principe.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)