Feb 1, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ben Scrivens has made some good saves this afternoon, but the Boston Bruins ended his shutout streak at 126:41 minutes.
After he turned aside 102 consecutive shots, including his record-breaking 59-save shutout against San Jose on Wednesday, Bruins forward David Krejci was finally able to launch a shot to the back of the net.
The Bruins had the man advantage and the Oilers were further handicapped by the fact that Nick Schultz‘s stick had broken. Consequently, Boston was given ample opportunity to move the puck around before Jarome Iginla fed the puck to Krejci for the one timer.
You can see the goal below:
The Bruins nearly made the game 2-0, but a potential goal off of Loui Eriksson‘s skate was overruled because there was a kicking motion. Dougie Hamilton finally succeeded in providing Boston with an insurance goal at 6:43 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Scrivens’ stick from Wednesday’s game will be put in the Hall of Fame, according to Sportsnet’s Gene Principe.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (74)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)