Feb 1, 2014, 3:16 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ben Scrivens has made some good saves this afternoon, but the Boston Bruins ended his shutout streak at 126:41 minutes.
After he turned aside 102 consecutive shots, including his record-breaking 59-save shutout against San Jose on Wednesday, Bruins forward David Krejci was finally able to launch a shot to the back of the net.
The Bruins had the man advantage and the Oilers were further handicapped by the fact that Nick Schultz‘s stick had broken. Consequently, Boston was given ample opportunity to move the puck around before Jarome Iginla fed the puck to Krejci for the one timer.
You can see the goal below:
The Bruins nearly made the game 2-0, but a potential goal off of Loui Eriksson‘s skate was overruled because there was a kicking motion. Dougie Hamilton finally succeeded in providing Boston with an insurance goal at 6:43 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Scrivens’ stick from Wednesday’s game will be put in the Hall of Fame, according to Sportsnet’s Gene Principe.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)