Feb 1, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ben Scrivens has made some good saves this afternoon, but the Boston Bruins ended his shutout streak at 126:41 minutes.
After he turned aside 102 consecutive shots, including his record-breaking 59-save shutout against San Jose on Wednesday, Bruins forward David Krejci was finally able to launch a shot to the back of the net.
The Bruins had the man advantage and the Oilers were further handicapped by the fact that Nick Schultz‘s stick had broken. Consequently, Boston was given ample opportunity to move the puck around before Jarome Iginla fed the puck to Krejci for the one timer.
You can see the goal below:
The Bruins nearly made the game 2-0, but a potential goal off of Loui Eriksson‘s skate was overruled because there was a kicking motion. Dougie Hamilton finally succeeded in providing Boston with an insurance goal at 6:43 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Scrivens’ stick from Wednesday’s game will be put in the Hall of Fame, according to Sportsnet’s Gene Principe.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)