Feb 1, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ben Scrivens has made some good saves this afternoon, but the Boston Bruins ended his shutout streak at 126:41 minutes.
After he turned aside 102 consecutive shots, including his record-breaking 59-save shutout against San Jose on Wednesday, Bruins forward David Krejci was finally able to launch a shot to the back of the net.
The Bruins had the man advantage and the Oilers were further handicapped by the fact that Nick Schultz‘s stick had broken. Consequently, Boston was given ample opportunity to move the puck around before Jarome Iginla fed the puck to Krejci for the one timer.
You can see the goal below:
The Bruins nearly made the game 2-0, but a potential goal off of Loui Eriksson‘s skate was overruled because there was a kicking motion. Dougie Hamilton finally succeeded in providing Boston with an insurance goal at 6:43 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Scrivens’ stick from Wednesday’s game will be put in the Hall of Fame, according to Sportsnet’s Gene Principe.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)