Feb 1, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
The Battle of Ontario ramped up during the second period of Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.
Maple Leafs’ forward Nazem Kadri got away with a hit from behind on Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci, then immediately took the puck and set up Joffrey Lupul for the tying goal. The Senators immediately responded to the Kadri hit, going right after him behind the net after the goal was scored.
The Senators weren’t happy with the non-call, either.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 0
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)