Feb 1, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
The Battle of Ontario ramped up during the second period of Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.
Maple Leafs’ forward Nazem Kadri got away with a hit from behind on Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci, then immediately took the puck and set up Joffrey Lupul for the tying goal. The Senators immediately responded to the Kadri hit, going right after him behind the net after the goal was scored.
The Senators weren’t happy with the non-call, either.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)