Feb 1, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
The Battle of Ontario ramped up during the second period of Saturday’s game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.
Maple Leafs’ forward Nazem Kadri got away with a hit from behind on Senators’ defenseman Cody Ceci, then immediately took the puck and set up Joffrey Lupul for the tying goal. The Senators immediately responded to the Kadri hit, going right after him behind the net after the goal was scored.
The Senators weren’t happy with the non-call, either.
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 0
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5