Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche rookie forward Nathan MacKinnon has achieved a pair of milestones in his young career during today’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The 18-year-old MacKinnon, the first overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, scored his 20th goal of the season in the second period, snapping a wrist shot past Ryan Miller. Worth noting the goal was set up on a nice rush from defenseman Erik Johnson.
The goal also gave MacKinnon three points in the game – a career high for him so far, according to the Avalanche. Probably not the last time this will happen, either.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9