Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche rookie forward Nathan MacKinnon has achieved a pair of milestones in his young career during today’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The 18-year-old MacKinnon, the first overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, scored his 20th goal of the season in the second period, snapping a wrist shot past Ryan Miller. Worth noting the goal was set up on a nice rush from defenseman Erik Johnson.
The goal also gave MacKinnon three points in the game – a career high for him so far, according to the Avalanche. Probably not the last time this will happen, either.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8