Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche rookie forward Nathan MacKinnon has achieved a pair of milestones in his young career during today’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The 18-year-old MacKinnon, the first overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, scored his 20th goal of the season in the second period, snapping a wrist shot past Ryan Miller. Worth noting the goal was set up on a nice rush from defenseman Erik Johnson.
The goal also gave MacKinnon three points in the game – a career high for him so far, according to the Avalanche. Probably not the last time this will happen, either.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)