Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche rookie forward Nathan MacKinnon has achieved a pair of milestones in his young career during today’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The 18-year-old MacKinnon, the first overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, scored his 20th goal of the season in the second period, snapping a wrist shot past Ryan Miller. Worth noting the goal was set up on a nice rush from defenseman Erik Johnson.
The goal also gave MacKinnon three points in the game – a career high for him so far, according to the Avalanche. Probably not the last time this will happen, either.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25