Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche rookie forward Nathan MacKinnon has achieved a pair of milestones in his young career during today’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The 18-year-old MacKinnon, the first overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, scored his 20th goal of the season in the second period, snapping a wrist shot past Ryan Miller. Worth noting the goal was set up on a nice rush from defenseman Erik Johnson.
The goal also gave MacKinnon three points in the game – a career high for him so far, according to the Avalanche. Probably not the last time this will happen, either.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)