Feb 1, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Vladimir Sobotka will not play tonight against the Nashville Predators. His status beyond that game is still up in the air.
“We’ll evaluate him (Sunday) and have a further update,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “So he won’t play tonight … and then we’ll let everybody know where he’s at (Sunday) after we get a further evaluation.”
The 26-year-old forward crashed awkwardly into the boards late in Friday’s 3-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes after he was accidentally tripped by Justin Faulk. Sobotka’s didn’t put much weight on his left leg as teammate Derek Roy helped him off the ice.
The Blues are still hoping this is a day-to-day problem, but if it proves to be more serious than it will be particularly unfortunate for Sobotka. While the Blues only have four games left on their schedule before the break, Sobotka is scheduled to represent the Czech Republic in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)