Feb 1, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Vladimir Sobotka will not play tonight against the Nashville Predators. His status beyond that game is still up in the air.
“We’ll evaluate him (Sunday) and have a further update,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “So he won’t play tonight … and then we’ll let everybody know where he’s at (Sunday) after we get a further evaluation.”
The 26-year-old forward crashed awkwardly into the boards late in Friday’s 3-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes after he was accidentally tripped by Justin Faulk. Sobotka’s didn’t put much weight on his left leg as teammate Derek Roy helped him off the ice.
The Blues are still hoping this is a day-to-day problem, but if it proves to be more serious than it will be particularly unfortunate for Sobotka. While the Blues only have four games left on their schedule before the break, Sobotka is scheduled to represent the Czech Republic in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)