Feb 1, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks, strapped for goals of late, are looking to rebound from a two-game Alberta road trip in which they were outscored a combined 7-1 by the two worst teams in the Western Conference.
An inability to score goals and prevent them yielded losses to the Edmonton Oilers – Ben Scrivens was sensational in a record night between the pipes – and then against the Calgary Flames the following evening.
Before the trip, the Sharks were also shutout by the L.A. Kings, another team in a scoring funk. And now, they’ll look to remedy their recent troubles against the Chicago Blackhawks. For San Jose, it’s become as much about scoring goals as it has keeping pucks out of its own net.
“When you’re not scoring three or four a night, you better be preventing,” Sharks’ head coach Todd McLellan said, as per CSN Bay Area.
“We haven’t been able to do that the last couple nights, as well.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)