Feb 1, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks, strapped for goals of late, are looking to rebound from a two-game Alberta road trip in which they were outscored a combined 7-1 by the two worst teams in the Western Conference.
An inability to score goals and prevent them yielded losses to the Edmonton Oilers – Ben Scrivens was sensational in a record night between the pipes – and then against the Calgary Flames the following evening.
Before the trip, the Sharks were also shutout by the L.A. Kings, another team in a scoring funk. And now, they’ll look to remedy their recent troubles against the Chicago Blackhawks. For San Jose, it’s become as much about scoring goals as it has keeping pucks out of its own net.
“When you’re not scoring three or four a night, you better be preventing,” Sharks’ head coach Todd McLellan said, as per CSN Bay Area.
“We haven’t been able to do that the last couple nights, as well.”
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)