Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Kimmo Timonen managed to participate in Philadelphia’s first 55 contests of the 2013-14 campaign, but a nagging foot injury is preventing him from playing against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Flyers defenseman was hurt while blocking a shot on Tuesday, but played through the pain in Thursday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim. Unfortunately, he also was largely responsible for the Ducks’ shorthanded game-winning goal:
Andrej Meszaros is filling in for Timonen this afternoon. Meszaros, who has four goals and 15 points in 32 contests this season, was scratched for three straight contests.
Philadelphia is battling the Los Angeles Kings as both teams try to end their recent slumps.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)