Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Kimmo Timonen managed to participate in Philadelphia’s first 55 contests of the 2013-14 campaign, but a nagging foot injury is preventing him from playing against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Flyers defenseman was hurt while blocking a shot on Tuesday, but played through the pain in Thursday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim. Unfortunately, he also was largely responsible for the Ducks’ shorthanded game-winning goal:
Andrej Meszaros is filling in for Timonen this afternoon. Meszaros, who has four goals and 15 points in 32 contests this season, was scratched for three straight contests.
Philadelphia is battling the Los Angeles Kings as both teams try to end their recent slumps.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)