Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Kimmo Timonen managed to participate in Philadelphia’s first 55 contests of the 2013-14 campaign, but a nagging foot injury is preventing him from playing against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Flyers defenseman was hurt while blocking a shot on Tuesday, but played through the pain in Thursday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim. Unfortunately, he also was largely responsible for the Ducks’ shorthanded game-winning goal:
Andrej Meszaros is filling in for Timonen this afternoon. Meszaros, who has four goals and 15 points in 32 contests this season, was scratched for three straight contests.
Philadelphia is battling the Los Angeles Kings as both teams try to end their recent slumps.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)