Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Kimmo Timonen managed to participate in Philadelphia’s first 55 contests of the 2013-14 campaign, but a nagging foot injury is preventing him from playing against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Flyers defenseman was hurt while blocking a shot on Tuesday, but played through the pain in Thursday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim. Unfortunately, he also was largely responsible for the Ducks’ shorthanded game-winning goal:
Andrej Meszaros is filling in for Timonen this afternoon. Meszaros, who has four goals and 15 points in 32 contests this season, was scratched for three straight contests.
Philadelphia is battling the Los Angeles Kings as both teams try to end their recent slumps.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 15
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 29
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)