Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
Kimmo Timonen managed to participate in Philadelphia’s first 55 contests of the 2013-14 campaign, but a nagging foot injury is preventing him from playing against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Flyers defenseman was hurt while blocking a shot on Tuesday, but played through the pain in Thursday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim. Unfortunately, he also was largely responsible for the Ducks’ shorthanded game-winning goal:
Andrej Meszaros is filling in for Timonen this afternoon. Meszaros, who has four goals and 15 points in 32 contests this season, was scratched for three straight contests.
Philadelphia is battling the Los Angeles Kings as both teams try to end their recent slumps.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)