Feb 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
In 36 games with the Admirals, the 31-year-old Steckel has five goals and 15 points. He’s appeared in four games for the Ducks this season, without registering a point.
His recall comes with news that Bonino, having a breakout year with Anaheim, has been placed on injured reserve. He’ll miss at least the next three games prior to the Olympic break.
Bonino suffered an upper-body injury Thursday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Ducks, currently atop the Western Conference standings with 85 points, host the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)