Feb 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
In 36 games with the Admirals, the 31-year-old Steckel has five goals and 15 points. He’s appeared in four games for the Ducks this season, without registering a point.
His recall comes with news that Bonino, having a breakout year with Anaheim, has been placed on injured reserve. He’ll miss at least the next three games prior to the Olympic break.
Bonino suffered an upper-body injury Thursday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Ducks, currently atop the Western Conference standings with 85 points, host the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)