Feb 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
In 36 games with the Admirals, the 31-year-old Steckel has five goals and 15 points. He’s appeared in four games for the Ducks this season, without registering a point.
His recall comes with news that Bonino, having a breakout year with Anaheim, has been placed on injured reserve. He’ll miss at least the next three games prior to the Olympic break.
Bonino suffered an upper-body injury Thursday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Ducks, currently atop the Western Conference standings with 85 points, host the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)