Feb 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
In 36 games with the Admirals, the 31-year-old Steckel has five goals and 15 points. He’s appeared in four games for the Ducks this season, without registering a point.
His recall comes with news that Bonino, having a breakout year with Anaheim, has been placed on injured reserve. He’ll miss at least the next three games prior to the Olympic break.
Bonino suffered an upper-body injury Thursday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Ducks, currently atop the Western Conference standings with 85 points, host the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)