Feb 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
In 36 games with the Admirals, the 31-year-old Steckel has five goals and 15 points. He’s appeared in four games for the Ducks this season, without registering a point.
His recall comes with news that Bonino, having a breakout year with Anaheim, has been placed on injured reserve. He’ll miss at least the next three games prior to the Olympic break.
Bonino suffered an upper-body injury Thursday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Ducks, currently atop the Western Conference standings with 85 points, host the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)