Feb 1, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins doubtlessly hopes that it won’t involve having to stop another 59 shots. Wednesday’s shutout was the team’s third straight win, but Eakins would like to see his squad help out their netminder significantly more this time around.
Edmonton captain Andrew Ference should certainly help in that regard. He’s missed three straight contests due to a head injury, but he’s good to face his former teammates today.
Ference won the Stanley Cup with the Bruins and while he’s already played against them once this season, this will be his first game in Boston since signing with the Oilers over the summer.
“It will be nice to see him back in the Garden and I know he’s going to probably get a couple claps for him and it’s well-deserved,” his former defensive partner, Johnny Boychuk, told the Bruins’ website.
The game will start at 1:00 p.m. ET. Boston will be attempting to rebound from a 4-1 loss to Montreal in order to build some breathing room between them and the rest of the Atlantic Division before the Olympic break.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)