Feb 1, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins doubtlessly hopes that it won’t involve having to stop another 59 shots. Wednesday’s shutout was the team’s third straight win, but Eakins would like to see his squad help out their netminder significantly more this time around.
Edmonton captain Andrew Ference should certainly help in that regard. He’s missed three straight contests due to a head injury, but he’s good to face his former teammates today.
Ference won the Stanley Cup with the Bruins and while he’s already played against them once this season, this will be his first game in Boston since signing with the Oilers over the summer.
“It will be nice to see him back in the Garden and I know he’s going to probably get a couple claps for him and it’s well-deserved,” his former defensive partner, Johnny Boychuk, told the Bruins’ website.
The game will start at 1:00 p.m. ET. Boston will be attempting to rebound from a 4-1 loss to Montreal in order to build some breathing room between them and the rest of the Atlantic Division before the Olympic break.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 8
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 13
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)