Jan 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
The Red Wings play the first of a two-game home-and-home against Washington tonight, and will do so with some major reinforcements in the lineup.
Captain Henrik Zetterberg, who has missed the last two games with an upper-body injury, will draw back in at center while goalie Jimmy Howard, who has missed the last four games with a knee injury, will get the start in goal.
Detroit will also bring Jakub Kindl back into the mix. The Czech rearguard hasn’t played since Jan. 20 with a hip injury.
These next two games are huge for Detroit, as it heads into Friday’s action 1) looking to make amends for Tuesday’s embarrassing 5-0 defeat in Philly, and 2) gunning to move up the standings in the Eastern Conference. The Wings are currently on 57 points, one back of Ottawa for the final wild card spot.
The Caps, meanwhile, are on 56 points and two back of the Sens.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 28
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)