Jan 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
The Red Wings play the first of a two-game home-and-home against Washington tonight, and will do so with some major reinforcements in the lineup.
Captain Henrik Zetterberg, who has missed the last two games with an upper-body injury, will draw back in at center while goalie Jimmy Howard, who has missed the last four games with a knee injury, will get the start in goal.
Detroit will also bring Jakub Kindl back into the mix. The Czech rearguard hasn’t played since Jan. 20 with a hip injury.
These next two games are huge for Detroit, as it heads into Friday’s action 1) looking to make amends for Tuesday’s embarrassing 5-0 defeat in Philly, and 2) gunning to move up the standings in the Eastern Conference. The Wings are currently on 57 points, one back of Ottawa for the final wild card spot.
The Caps, meanwhile, are on 56 points and two back of the Sens.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)