Jan 31, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth might not make many net appearances this season, but he’s likely to show up often in highlight reels for a while after this beautiful glove save from Friday:
Detroit Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist was the victim of that elaborate nab. Neuvirth, 25, is shooting for his fourth win of the season.
If the Caps are still shopping a guy who was at least a 1A/1B netminder for them, then they might want to start with this snare.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5