Jan 31, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth might not make many net appearances this season, but he’s likely to show up often in highlight reels for a while after this beautiful glove save from Friday:
Detroit Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist was the victim of that elaborate nab. Neuvirth, 25, is shooting for his fourth win of the season.
If the Caps are still shopping a guy who was at least a 1A/1B netminder for them, then they might want to start with this snare.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 9
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1