Jan 31, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth might not make many net appearances this season, but he’s likely to show up often in highlight reels for a while after this beautiful glove save from Friday:
Detroit Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist was the victim of that elaborate nab. Neuvirth, 25, is shooting for his fourth win of the season.
If the Caps are still shopping a guy who was at least a 1A/1B netminder for them, then they might want to start with this snare.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5