Jan 31, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
McKegg, 20, was Toronto’s third-round pick (62nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. The former OHL Erie standout has been producing quite well for the Marlies this season, scoring 26 points in 35 games.
He’s reportedly being recalled as Toronto forwards James van Riemsdyk and Peter Holland are dealing with minor injuries, and a roster spot was opened up today when the Leafs dealt Mark Fraser to Edmonton.
As such, McKegg will have a shot to make his NHL debut on Saturday when Toronto takes on Ottawa in the latest installment of the Battle of Ontario.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32