Jan 31, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
McKegg, 20, was Toronto’s third-round pick (62nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. The former OHL Erie standout has been producing quite well for the Marlies this season, scoring 26 points in 35 games.
He’s reportedly being recalled as Toronto forwards James van Riemsdyk and Peter Holland are dealing with minor injuries, and a roster spot was opened up today when the Leafs dealt Mark Fraser to Edmonton.
As such, McKegg will have a shot to make his NHL debut on Saturday when Toronto takes on Ottawa in the latest installment of the Battle of Ontario.
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 0
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)