Jan 31, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
McKegg, 20, was Toronto’s third-round pick (62nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. The former OHL Erie standout has been producing quite well for the Marlies this season, scoring 26 points in 35 games.
He’s reportedly being recalled as Toronto forwards James van Riemsdyk and Peter Holland are dealing with minor injuries, and a roster spot was opened up today when the Leafs dealt Mark Fraser to Edmonton.
As such, McKegg will have a shot to make his NHL debut on Saturday when Toronto takes on Ottawa in the latest installment of the Battle of Ontario.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 17
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 12
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 36
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 67
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (67)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)