Jan 31, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
McKegg, 20, was Toronto’s third-round pick (62nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. The former OHL Erie standout has been producing quite well for the Marlies this season, scoring 26 points in 35 games.
He’s reportedly being recalled as Toronto forwards James van Riemsdyk and Peter Holland are dealing with minor injuries, and a roster spot was opened up today when the Leafs dealt Mark Fraser to Edmonton.
As such, McKegg will have a shot to make his NHL debut on Saturday when Toronto takes on Ottawa in the latest installment of the Battle of Ontario.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)