Jan 31, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
McKegg, 20, was Toronto’s third-round pick (62nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. The former OHL Erie standout has been producing quite well for the Marlies this season, scoring 26 points in 35 games.
He’s reportedly being recalled as Toronto forwards James van Riemsdyk and Peter Holland are dealing with minor injuries, and a roster spot was opened up today when the Leafs dealt Mark Fraser to Edmonton.
As such, McKegg will have a shot to make his NHL debut on Saturday when Toronto takes on Ottawa in the latest installment of the Battle of Ontario.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)