Jan 31, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
The 27-year-old winger’s contract ($2.8 million cap hit) will expire after this season.
After breaking out in 2010-11 (30 goals, 57 points), he’s seen his numbers slide, as he’s behind his 23-point pace from the abbreviated 2012-13 season, only managing 16 points in 44 games this season.
Kulemin also seems to be regressing in fancy stats categories.
In other words, it probably shouldn’t be surprising that they’re willing to hear what other NHL teams might offer, even if they’re not exactly selling when his value is peaking.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)