Jan 31, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
The 27-year-old winger’s contract ($2.8 million cap hit) will expire after this season.
After breaking out in 2010-11 (30 goals, 57 points), he’s seen his numbers slide, as he’s behind his 23-point pace from the abbreviated 2012-13 season, only managing 16 points in 44 games this season.
Kulemin also seems to be regressing in fancy stats categories.
In other words, it probably shouldn’t be surprising that they’re willing to hear what other NHL teams might offer, even if they’re not exactly selling when his value is peaking.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)