Jan 31, 2014, 1:12 AM EDT
Another game, another struggle to score goals for the San Jose Sharks.
Just 24 hours after being shutout in a record performance by Edmonton Oilers goalie Ben Scrivens, the Sharks were once again unable to capitalize on their chances, this time resulting in a 4-1 loss to the host Calgary Flames on Thursday.
That’s back-to-back losses against the bottom-feeders of the Pacific Division – give Calgary some credit, the Flames have four consecutive wins – and the Sharks managed only the one goal. Dating back to Monday’s 1-0 loss to the L.A. Kings, the Sharks have now been shutout twice in their last three games and held to the single goal in that span.
“It’s a big concern of ours right now,” Sharks’ head coach Todd McLellan told reporters of the lack of scoring on Thursday. (You can see a clip of his media scrum below.)
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7