Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Whether the air’s been unpredictable or climate controlled, the New York Rangers had the edge on the New York Islanders this week.
After slipping by them 2-1 in a Stadium Series game on Wednesday, the Rangers pulled away in the third period to top the Isles 4-1 on Friday. The Rangers now have three straight wins while the Islanders have lost five in a row.
Henrik Lundqvist has played a big part in his team’s wins against the Isles this week. He stopped 38 out of 39 shots tonight after making 30 out of 31 saves on Wednesday. Rick Nash has been pretty dominant in his own right with 12 shots on goal in the past two contests, yet he hasn’t gotten on the board.
The John Tavares line can relate, as they generated another 10+ SOG night but didn’t really get the results they wanted; they failed to score on Wednesday and only Kyle Okposo found the net on Friday.
The Islanders need all the points they can get, so losing these past two games – and thus, their season series against the Rangers – could hurt in the long and short run.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)