Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Whether the air’s been unpredictable or climate controlled, the New York Rangers had the edge on the New York Islanders this week.
After slipping by them 2-1 in a Stadium Series game on Wednesday, the Rangers pulled away in the third period to top the Isles 4-1 on Friday. The Rangers now have three straight wins while the Islanders have lost five in a row.
Henrik Lundqvist has played a big part in his team’s wins against the Isles this week. He stopped 38 out of 39 shots tonight after making 30 out of 31 saves on Wednesday. Rick Nash has been pretty dominant in his own right with 12 shots on goal in the past two contests, yet he hasn’t gotten on the board.
The John Tavares line can relate, as they generated another 10+ SOG night but didn’t really get the results they wanted; they failed to score on Wednesday and only Kyle Okposo found the net on Friday.
The Islanders need all the points they can get, so losing these past two games – and thus, their season series against the Rangers – could hurt in the long and short run.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)