Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The outdoor games in the United States have sold incredibly well this year, but it looks like there’s been some difficulty when it comes to selling tickets for the upcoming Heritage Classic at B.C. Place Stadium. (Vancouver Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Tim Erixon has been sent back to the minors by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 22-year-old forward was taken with the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault credits his team’s balanced lines as the reason they’ve gone 13-5-1 since Dec. 22. (Newsday)
Is it time for the Vancouver Canucks to conclude that their current core isn’t going to lead them to a Stanley Cup championship and consequently shift the focus towards getting younger without enduring a full rebuild? (Toronto Star)
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)