Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The outdoor games in the United States have sold incredibly well this year, but it looks like there’s been some difficulty when it comes to selling tickets for the upcoming Heritage Classic at B.C. Place Stadium. (Vancouver Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Tim Erixon has been sent back to the minors by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 22-year-old forward was taken with the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault credits his team’s balanced lines as the reason they’ve gone 13-5-1 since Dec. 22. (Newsday)
Is it time for the Vancouver Canucks to conclude that their current core isn’t going to lead them to a Stanley Cup championship and consequently shift the focus towards getting younger without enduring a full rebuild? (Toronto Star)
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 38
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)