Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The outdoor games in the United States have sold incredibly well this year, but it looks like there’s been some difficulty when it comes to selling tickets for the upcoming Heritage Classic at B.C. Place Stadium. (Vancouver Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Tim Erixon has been sent back to the minors by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 22-year-old forward was taken with the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault credits his team’s balanced lines as the reason they’ve gone 13-5-1 since Dec. 22. (Newsday)
Is it time for the Vancouver Canucks to conclude that their current core isn’t going to lead them to a Stanley Cup championship and consequently shift the focus towards getting younger without enduring a full rebuild? (Toronto Star)
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9