Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The outdoor games in the United States have sold incredibly well this year, but it looks like there’s been some difficulty when it comes to selling tickets for the upcoming Heritage Classic at B.C. Place Stadium. (Vancouver Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Tim Erixon has been sent back to the minors by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 22-year-old forward was taken with the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault credits his team’s balanced lines as the reason they’ve gone 13-5-1 since Dec. 22. (Newsday)
Is it time for the Vancouver Canucks to conclude that their current core isn’t going to lead them to a Stanley Cup championship and consequently shift the focus towards getting younger without enduring a full rebuild? (Toronto Star)
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)