Jan 31, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
The incident occurred with 6:43 remaining in the first period, forcing Green from the game and putting his status for tonight’s contest versus Detroit into question.
Caps head coach Adam Oates didn’t take issue with the hit — “Green got beat to the inside, that’s a mistake,” he told the Washington Post — but forward Troy Brouwer was visibly upset and fought Jenner in the third period.
“I just didn’t like how he drove him in at the end of his hit; Green got injured as a result of it,” Brouwer said. “It’s a situation where a guy on our team gets hurt and we don’t want those types of hits to stand on our team.”
It’s possible Jenner could still receive a disciplinary hearing pending further review. Columbus doesn’t play again until Saturday, when it hosts Florida at Nationwide.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)