Jan 31, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Once news hit about Matt Moulson being sidelined until after the Olympic break with an upper-body injury, many wondered if that would severely impact his trade value. Moulson’s agent Wade Arnott doesn’t seem to think so.
Or, at the very least, he doesn’t seem to be lingering on the issue, as he told the Buffalo News on Friday.
“It’s something that we can’t control anyway, so to that end we’re not overly concerned about it,” Arnott said. “Obviously, we’re fully aware that we have a standard trade deadline on March 5, but we also have a trade freeze for the upcoming Olympic break before that. I am aware that managers have been talking and are maybe trying to do something prior to this freeze, but in Matt’s case I’m not sure anything was or would get done anyway.”
Arnott takes a similar wait-and-see approach with matters that extend beyond March 5. He admitted that there haven’t been substantial contract talks with the Sabres, even if the 30-year-old seems open-minded about possibly staying in Buffalo. (Arnott notes that Moulson has “said a lot of positive things” about his brief Buffalo run.)
Moulson has 24 points in 40 games since being traded to the Sabres.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)