Jan 31, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Once news hit about Matt Moulson being sidelined until after the Olympic break with an upper-body injury, many wondered if that would severely impact his trade value. Moulson’s agent Wade Arnott doesn’t seem to think so.
Or, at the very least, he doesn’t seem to be lingering on the issue, as he told the Buffalo News on Friday.
“It’s something that we can’t control anyway, so to that end we’re not overly concerned about it,” Arnott said. “Obviously, we’re fully aware that we have a standard trade deadline on March 5, but we also have a trade freeze for the upcoming Olympic break before that. I am aware that managers have been talking and are maybe trying to do something prior to this freeze, but in Matt’s case I’m not sure anything was or would get done anyway.”
Arnott takes a similar wait-and-see approach with matters that extend beyond March 5. He admitted that there haven’t been substantial contract talks with the Sabres, even if the 30-year-old seems open-minded about possibly staying in Buffalo. (Arnott notes that Moulson has “said a lot of positive things” about his brief Buffalo run.)
Moulson has 24 points in 40 games since being traded to the Sabres.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)