Jan 31, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Once news hit about Matt Moulson being sidelined until after the Olympic break with an upper-body injury, many wondered if that would severely impact his trade value. Moulson’s agent Wade Arnott doesn’t seem to think so.
Or, at the very least, he doesn’t seem to be lingering on the issue, as he told the Buffalo News on Friday.
“It’s something that we can’t control anyway, so to that end we’re not overly concerned about it,” Arnott said. “Obviously, we’re fully aware that we have a standard trade deadline on March 5, but we also have a trade freeze for the upcoming Olympic break before that. I am aware that managers have been talking and are maybe trying to do something prior to this freeze, but in Matt’s case I’m not sure anything was or would get done anyway.”
Arnott takes a similar wait-and-see approach with matters that extend beyond March 5. He admitted that there haven’t been substantial contract talks with the Sabres, even if the 30-year-old seems open-minded about possibly staying in Buffalo. (Arnott notes that Moulson has “said a lot of positive things” about his brief Buffalo run.)
Moulson has 24 points in 40 games since being traded to the Sabres.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)