Jan 31, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Once news hit about Matt Moulson being sidelined until after the Olympic break with an upper-body injury, many wondered if that would severely impact his trade value. Moulson’s agent Wade Arnott doesn’t seem to think so.
Or, at the very least, he doesn’t seem to be lingering on the issue, as he told the Buffalo News on Friday.
“It’s something that we can’t control anyway, so to that end we’re not overly concerned about it,” Arnott said. “Obviously, we’re fully aware that we have a standard trade deadline on March 5, but we also have a trade freeze for the upcoming Olympic break before that. I am aware that managers have been talking and are maybe trying to do something prior to this freeze, but in Matt’s case I’m not sure anything was or would get done anyway.”
Arnott takes a similar wait-and-see approach with matters that extend beyond March 5. He admitted that there haven’t been substantial contract talks with the Sabres, even if the 30-year-old seems open-minded about possibly staying in Buffalo. (Arnott notes that Moulson has “said a lot of positive things” about his brief Buffalo run.)
Moulson has 24 points in 40 games since being traded to the Sabres.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)