Jan 31, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Once news hit about Matt Moulson being sidelined until after the Olympic break with an upper-body injury, many wondered if that would severely impact his trade value. Moulson’s agent Wade Arnott doesn’t seem to think so.
Or, at the very least, he doesn’t seem to be lingering on the issue, as he told the Buffalo News on Friday.
“It’s something that we can’t control anyway, so to that end we’re not overly concerned about it,” Arnott said. “Obviously, we’re fully aware that we have a standard trade deadline on March 5, but we also have a trade freeze for the upcoming Olympic break before that. I am aware that managers have been talking and are maybe trying to do something prior to this freeze, but in Matt’s case I’m not sure anything was or would get done anyway.”
Arnott takes a similar wait-and-see approach with matters that extend beyond March 5. He admitted that there haven’t been substantial contract talks with the Sabres, even if the 30-year-old seems open-minded about possibly staying in Buffalo. (Arnott notes that Moulson has “said a lot of positive things” about his brief Buffalo run.)
Moulson has 24 points in 40 games since being traded to the Sabres.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)