Jan 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Vancouver starts Lack
Eddie Lack will get the nod tonight when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg. The lanky Swede hasn’t seen much action lately — his last outing was on Jan. 16 in a 1-0 loss to Phoenix — but has been very good on the year, posting an 8-6-3 record with a .922 save percentage and 2.18 GAA.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal.
Neuvirth gets a shot
Neuvirth, who has played sparingly this year, looked good in his last outing by stopping 28 of 30 shots in a 2-1 loss to New Jersey. That said, he’s only making his fourth start in the month of January and will be going up against a Wings team that’s welcoming back captain Henrik Zetterberg and defenseman Jakub Kindl.
Another guy the Wings are welcoming back tonight? Jimmy Howard, who gets the start after missing four games with a knee injury.
Devils at Predators: Cory Schneider for New Jersey, no starter yet for Nashville.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)