Jan 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Vancouver starts Lack
Eddie Lack will get the nod tonight when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg. The lanky Swede hasn’t seen much action lately — his last outing was on Jan. 16 in a 1-0 loss to Phoenix — but has been very good on the year, posting an 8-6-3 record with a .922 save percentage and 2.18 GAA.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal.
Neuvirth gets a shot
Neuvirth, who has played sparingly this year, looked good in his last outing by stopping 28 of 30 shots in a 2-1 loss to New Jersey. That said, he’s only making his fourth start in the month of January and will be going up against a Wings team that’s welcoming back captain Henrik Zetterberg and defenseman Jakub Kindl.
Another guy the Wings are welcoming back tonight? Jimmy Howard, who gets the start after missing four games with a knee injury.
Devils at Predators: Cory Schneider for New Jersey, no starter yet for Nashville.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)