Jan 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Vancouver starts Lack
Eddie Lack will get the nod tonight when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg. The lanky Swede hasn’t seen much action lately — his last outing was on Jan. 16 in a 1-0 loss to Phoenix — but has been very good on the year, posting an 8-6-3 record with a .922 save percentage and 2.18 GAA.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal.
Neuvirth gets a shot
Neuvirth, who has played sparingly this year, looked good in his last outing by stopping 28 of 30 shots in a 2-1 loss to New Jersey. That said, he’s only making his fourth start in the month of January and will be going up against a Wings team that’s welcoming back captain Henrik Zetterberg and defenseman Jakub Kindl.
Another guy the Wings are welcoming back tonight? Jimmy Howard, who gets the start after missing four games with a knee injury.
Devils at Predators: Cory Schneider for New Jersey, no starter yet for Nashville.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (50)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)