Jan 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Vancouver starts Lack
Eddie Lack will get the nod tonight when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg. The lanky Swede hasn’t seen much action lately — his last outing was on Jan. 16 in a 1-0 loss to Phoenix — but has been very good on the year, posting an 8-6-3 record with a .922 save percentage and 2.18 GAA.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal.
Neuvirth gets a shot
Neuvirth, who has played sparingly this year, looked good in his last outing by stopping 28 of 30 shots in a 2-1 loss to New Jersey. That said, he’s only making his fourth start in the month of January and will be going up against a Wings team that’s welcoming back captain Henrik Zetterberg and defenseman Jakub Kindl.
Another guy the Wings are welcoming back tonight? Jimmy Howard, who gets the start after missing four games with a knee injury.
Devils at Predators: Cory Schneider for New Jersey, no starter yet for Nashville.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53