Jan 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Vancouver starts Lack
Eddie Lack will get the nod tonight when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg. The lanky Swede hasn’t seen much action lately — his last outing was on Jan. 16 in a 1-0 loss to Phoenix — but has been very good on the year, posting an 8-6-3 record with a .922 save percentage and 2.18 GAA.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will be in goal.
Neuvirth gets a shot
Neuvirth, who has played sparingly this year, looked good in his last outing by stopping 28 of 30 shots in a 2-1 loss to New Jersey. That said, he’s only making his fourth start in the month of January and will be going up against a Wings team that’s welcoming back captain Henrik Zetterberg and defenseman Jakub Kindl.
Another guy the Wings are welcoming back tonight? Jimmy Howard, who gets the start after missing four games with a knee injury.
Devils at Predators: Cory Schneider for New Jersey, no starter yet for Nashville.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)