Jan 31, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
“I don’t even know what our level is. We’re barely above average, if average,” said Doan, as per Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
The Coyotes failed to make up ground on the idle Vancouver Canucks in the Pacific Division. They currently trail Vancouver by three points in the standings. On Thursday, the Coyotes carried a one-goal lead into the second period, but conceded a power play goal in the middle frame and then a short-handed goal in the third period. The end result: two points lost.
For the Sabres, on the other hand, Thursday’s comeback effort looked to be a step in the right direction.
“It looked like a different team to me in the second and third. It was the kind of team we’ve been trying to be for a while,” said Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
It wasn’t all good, however, for the Sabres.
Moulson is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and his name has recently been bantered around in trade rumors. It was recently reported in the Buffalo News that the Sabres’ new GM, Tim Murray, has had “chatted casually” with Moulson, Miller and Steve Ott, who have all come in trade talk.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)