Jan 31, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
“I don’t even know what our level is. We’re barely above average, if average,” said Doan, as per Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
The Coyotes failed to make up ground on the idle Vancouver Canucks in the Pacific Division. They currently trail Vancouver by three points in the standings. On Thursday, the Coyotes carried a one-goal lead into the second period, but conceded a power play goal in the middle frame and then a short-handed goal in the third period. The end result: two points lost.
For the Sabres, on the other hand, Thursday’s comeback effort looked to be a step in the right direction.
“It looked like a different team to me in the second and third. It was the kind of team we’ve been trying to be for a while,” said Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
It wasn’t all good, however, for the Sabres.
Moulson is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and his name has recently been bantered around in trade rumors. It was recently reported in the Buffalo News that the Sabres’ new GM, Tim Murray, has had “chatted casually” with Moulson, Miller and Steve Ott, who have all come in trade talk.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 10
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)