Jan 31, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
“I don’t even know what our level is. We’re barely above average, if average,” said Doan, as per Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
The Coyotes failed to make up ground on the idle Vancouver Canucks in the Pacific Division. They currently trail Vancouver by three points in the standings. On Thursday, the Coyotes carried a one-goal lead into the second period, but conceded a power play goal in the middle frame and then a short-handed goal in the third period. The end result: two points lost.
For the Sabres, on the other hand, Thursday’s comeback effort looked to be a step in the right direction.
“It looked like a different team to me in the second and third. It was the kind of team we’ve been trying to be for a while,” said Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
It wasn’t all good, however, for the Sabres.
Moulson is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and his name has recently been bantered around in trade rumors. It was recently reported in the Buffalo News that the Sabres’ new GM, Tim Murray, has had “chatted casually” with Moulson, Miller and Steve Ott, who have all come in trade talk.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21