Jan 31, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
“I don’t even know what our level is. We’re barely above average, if average,” said Doan, as per Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
The Coyotes failed to make up ground on the idle Vancouver Canucks in the Pacific Division. They currently trail Vancouver by three points in the standings. On Thursday, the Coyotes carried a one-goal lead into the second period, but conceded a power play goal in the middle frame and then a short-handed goal in the third period. The end result: two points lost.
For the Sabres, on the other hand, Thursday’s comeback effort looked to be a step in the right direction.
“It looked like a different team to me in the second and third. It was the kind of team we’ve been trying to be for a while,” said Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
It wasn’t all good, however, for the Sabres.
Moulson is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and his name has recently been bantered around in trade rumors. It was recently reported in the Buffalo News that the Sabres’ new GM, Tim Murray, has had “chatted casually” with Moulson, Miller and Steve Ott, who have all come in trade talk.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)