Jan 31, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
“I don’t even know what our level is. We’re barely above average, if average,” said Doan, as per Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
The Coyotes failed to make up ground on the idle Vancouver Canucks in the Pacific Division. They currently trail Vancouver by three points in the standings. On Thursday, the Coyotes carried a one-goal lead into the second period, but conceded a power play goal in the middle frame and then a short-handed goal in the third period. The end result: two points lost.
For the Sabres, on the other hand, Thursday’s comeback effort looked to be a step in the right direction.
“It looked like a different team to me in the second and third. It was the kind of team we’ve been trying to be for a while,” said Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
It wasn’t all good, however, for the Sabres.
Moulson is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and his name has recently been bantered around in trade rumors. It was recently reported in the Buffalo News that the Sabres’ new GM, Tim Murray, has had “chatted casually” with Moulson, Miller and Steve Ott, who have all come in trade talk.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)