Jan 31, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
The next step is to figure out when he can play again.
Panthers head coach Peter Horachek provided a mixed message, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’d like to see Barkov get a few skates in, yet not totally closing the door to a return against Columbus on Saturday. It appears that the most likely scenario calls for a Tuesday return.
The 18-year-old acknowledges that he doesn’t feel 100 percent just yet, so maybe that Tuesday target date is more realistic. More will likely be known as tomorrow’s game approaches.
Barkov has been a quick study at the NHL level, collecting 24 points in 50 games. His best flourish came when he scored 10 points in nine games from Dec. 17 – Jan. 6.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8