Jan 31, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
The next step is to figure out when he can play again.
Panthers head coach Peter Horachek provided a mixed message, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’d like to see Barkov get a few skates in, yet not totally closing the door to a return against Columbus on Saturday. It appears that the most likely scenario calls for a Tuesday return.
The 18-year-old acknowledges that he doesn’t feel 100 percent just yet, so maybe that Tuesday target date is more realistic. More will likely be known as tomorrow’s game approaches.
Barkov has been a quick study at the NHL level, collecting 24 points in 50 games. His best flourish came when he scored 10 points in nine games from Dec. 17 – Jan. 6.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)