Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
They connected Thursday night, as the Devils defeated the Dallas Stars by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. Jagr had a pair of assists, including on the OT winner off the stick of Elias, who also added a helper, as both players came away with two-point nights.
Jagr, at the age of 41, isn’t showing many signs of letting up at all. He has 46 points on the season, and seven in his last five games. He recently surpassed Mark Messier and into seventh all-time in goals. He now has 697 in his long career.
He’s recently tied and has now surpassed his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate and hockey great Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time in assists, and now has 1,035 in his career. He’s still well over 1,100 points short of Wayne Gretzky record, but, it would appear, according to a recent interview, he is confident on getting to that record, no matter how long it takes.
Mar 13, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
“They put in a system where we know we can win each and every game.”
Mar 13, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The 42-year-old recently represented the Czech Republic in the Olympics.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Also, what’s wrong with the Ducks?
Mar 13, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
‘Canes d-man shattered his heel last year.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
It seems fitting that the Sabres are in town.
Mar 13, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
What could be more important than a hockey game against San Jose?
Mar 13, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Comments section should be interesting for this one.
Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 13, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
After five straight losses.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
“The whole time in my head I never thought about getting traded or leaving at free agency time.”
Mar 13, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
The Wild have a nice cushion, but a tough remaining schedule.
Mar 13, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Just months after he demanded a trade out of Washington.
Mar 13, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
They have to adjust after losing Michael Grabner.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
It looks like the Penguins might stick with that line going forward.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Their pre-Olympic slump seems like a distant memory.
Mar 13, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 AM EDT
Memorable moment for him.
Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
Two teams separated by 34 points in the standings.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 0
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 78
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 34
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 16
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 11
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 25
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (78)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)