Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
They connected Thursday night, as the Devils defeated the Dallas Stars by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. Jagr had a pair of assists, including on the OT winner off the stick of Elias, who also added a helper, as both players came away with two-point nights.
Jagr, at the age of 41, isn’t showing many signs of letting up at all. He has 46 points on the season, and seven in his last five games. He recently surpassed Mark Messier and into seventh all-time in goals. He now has 697 in his long career.
He’s recently tied and has now surpassed his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate and hockey great Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time in assists, and now has 1,035 in his career. He’s still well over 1,100 points short of Wayne Gretzky record, but, it would appear, according to a recent interview, he is confident on getting to that record, no matter how long it takes.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)