Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
They connected Thursday night, as the Devils defeated the Dallas Stars by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. Jagr had a pair of assists, including on the OT winner off the stick of Elias, who also added a helper, as both players came away with two-point nights.
Jagr, at the age of 41, isn’t showing many signs of letting up at all. He has 46 points on the season, and seven in his last five games. He recently surpassed Mark Messier and into seventh all-time in goals. He now has 697 in his long career.
He’s recently tied and has now surpassed his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate and hockey great Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time in assists, and now has 1,035 in his career. He’s still well over 1,100 points short of Wayne Gretzky record, but, it would appear, according to a recent interview, he is confident on getting to that record, no matter how long it takes.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39