Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
They connected Thursday night, as the Devils defeated the Dallas Stars by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. Jagr had a pair of assists, including on the OT winner off the stick of Elias, who also added a helper, as both players came away with two-point nights.
Jagr, at the age of 41, isn’t showing many signs of letting up at all. He has 46 points on the season, and seven in his last five games. He recently surpassed Mark Messier and into seventh all-time in goals. He now has 697 in his long career.
He’s recently tied and has now surpassed his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate and hockey great Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time in assists, and now has 1,035 in his career. He’s still well over 1,100 points short of Wayne Gretzky record, but, it would appear, according to a recent interview, he is confident on getting to that record, no matter how long it takes.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)