Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
They connected Thursday night, as the Devils defeated the Dallas Stars by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. Jagr had a pair of assists, including on the OT winner off the stick of Elias, who also added a helper, as both players came away with two-point nights.
Jagr, at the age of 41, isn’t showing many signs of letting up at all. He has 46 points on the season, and seven in his last five games. He recently surpassed Mark Messier and into seventh all-time in goals. He now has 697 in his long career.
He’s recently tied and has now surpassed his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate and hockey great Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time in assists, and now has 1,035 in his career. He’s still well over 1,100 points short of Wayne Gretzky record, but, it would appear, according to a recent interview, he is confident on getting to that record, no matter how long it takes.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)