Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are already losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they may now lose defenseman Mike Green due to injury, as well.
Green left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was involved in a collision against the end boards with Columbus forward Boone Jenner. The incident occurred with 6:43 left in the opening period. Green hasn’t played a shift since.
According to the Capitals, Green’s return to the game was questionable due to an upper-body injury. Jenner was not penalized on the play. The Capitals began the third period trailing the Blue Jackets by a score of 4-1.
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)