Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are already losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they may now lose defenseman Mike Green due to injury, as well.
Green left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was involved in a collision against the end boards with Columbus forward Boone Jenner. The incident occurred with 6:43 left in the opening period. Green hasn’t played a shift since.
According to the Capitals, Green’s return to the game was questionable due to an upper-body injury. Jenner was not penalized on the play. The Capitals began the third period trailing the Blue Jackets by a score of 4-1.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)