Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are already losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they may now lose defenseman Mike Green due to injury, as well.
Green left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was involved in a collision against the end boards with Columbus forward Boone Jenner. The incident occurred with 6:43 left in the opening period. Green hasn’t played a shift since.
According to the Capitals, Green’s return to the game was questionable due to an upper-body injury. Jenner was not penalized on the play. The Capitals began the third period trailing the Blue Jackets by a score of 4-1.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)