Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are already losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they may now lose defenseman Mike Green due to injury, as well.
Green left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was involved in a collision against the end boards with Columbus forward Boone Jenner. The incident occurred with 6:43 left in the opening period. Green hasn’t played a shift since.
According to the Capitals, Green’s return to the game was questionable due to an upper-body injury. Jenner was not penalized on the play. The Capitals began the third period trailing the Blue Jackets by a score of 4-1.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)