Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are already losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they may now lose defenseman Mike Green due to injury, as well.
Green left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was involved in a collision against the end boards with Columbus forward Boone Jenner. The incident occurred with 6:43 left in the opening period. Green hasn’t played a shift since.
According to the Capitals, Green’s return to the game was questionable due to an upper-body injury. Jenner was not penalized on the play. The Capitals began the third period trailing the Blue Jackets by a score of 4-1.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)