Jan 30, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
There’s a bit of concern coming out of Nashville regarding Shea Weber‘s health.
Weber, who left Tuesday’s win over Winnipeg early in the third period, didn’t skate Thursday and is currently listed as day-to-day, putting his availability for Friday’s game against New Jersey in doubt.
“It’s a big deal if he doesn’t play,” Nashville coach Barry Trotz said, per ESPN. “It’s a huge hole we have to fill.”
Weber is the Preds’ captain, leading scorer and by far its most experienced defenseman. He’s been extremely durable over the last five years, never missing more than four games in a single season, and is closing in on nearly 600 NHL contests.
Weber is also set to represent Canada in Sochi, where he will serve as one of the team’s alternate captains.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)