Jan 30, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
There’s a bit of concern coming out of Nashville regarding Shea Weber‘s health.
Weber, who left Tuesday’s win over Winnipeg early in the third period, didn’t skate Thursday and is currently listed as day-to-day, putting his availability for Friday’s game against New Jersey in doubt.
“It’s a big deal if he doesn’t play,” Nashville coach Barry Trotz said, per ESPN. “It’s a huge hole we have to fill.”
Weber is the Preds’ captain, leading scorer and by far its most experienced defenseman. He’s been extremely durable over the last five years, never missing more than four games in a single season, and is closing in on nearly 600 NHL contests.
Weber is also set to represent Canada in Sochi, where he will serve as one of the team’s alternate captains.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)