Jan 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the best team in the Eastern Conference, didn’t last long.
Quick, the L.A. Kings’ goalie, was pulled after just one period in Thursday’s game. He allowed three goals on only seven shots.
Martin Jones, 24, came into the game to begin the second period. The Kings are currently struggling, however they do sit three points up on the Vancouver Canucks, another team going through a very rough patch in January, for the third spot in the Pacific Division standings.
Coming into Thursday’s game, the Kings had six losses in their last seven games.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)