Jan 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the best team in the Eastern Conference, didn’t last long.
Quick, the L.A. Kings’ goalie, was pulled after just one period in Thursday’s game. He allowed three goals on only seven shots.
Martin Jones, 24, came into the game to begin the second period. The Kings are currently struggling, however they do sit three points up on the Vancouver Canucks, another team going through a very rough patch in January, for the third spot in the Pacific Division standings.
Coming into Thursday’s game, the Kings had six losses in their last seven games.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)