Jan 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the best team in the Eastern Conference, didn’t last long.
Quick, the L.A. Kings’ goalie, was pulled after just one period in Thursday’s game. He allowed three goals on only seven shots.
Martin Jones, 24, came into the game to begin the second period. The Kings are currently struggling, however they do sit three points up on the Vancouver Canucks, another team going through a very rough patch in January, for the third spot in the Pacific Division standings.
Coming into Thursday’s game, the Kings had six losses in their last seven games.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6