Jan 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the best team in the Eastern Conference, didn’t last long.
Quick, the L.A. Kings’ goalie, was pulled after just one period in Thursday’s game. He allowed three goals on only seven shots.
Martin Jones, 24, came into the game to begin the second period. The Kings are currently struggling, however they do sit three points up on the Vancouver Canucks, another team going through a very rough patch in January, for the third spot in the Pacific Division standings.
Coming into Thursday’s game, the Kings had six losses in their last seven games.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)