Jan 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the best team in the Eastern Conference, didn’t last long.
Quick, the L.A. Kings’ goalie, was pulled after just one period in Thursday’s game. He allowed three goals on only seven shots.
Martin Jones, 24, came into the game to begin the second period. The Kings are currently struggling, however they do sit three points up on the Vancouver Canucks, another team going through a very rough patch in January, for the third spot in the Pacific Division standings.
Coming into Thursday’s game, the Kings had six losses in their last seven games.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 14
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21