Jan 30, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Montreal has recalled Christian Thomas from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Thursday.
Thomas, 21, was taken 40th overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Rangers, then flipped to Montreal in exchange for prospect Danny Kristo. Thomas made his NHL debut with the Blueshirts but has yet to play for the Habs, spending all of this season with the Bulldogs (he has 14 points in 23 games).
The son of former NHLer Steve Thomas, Christian is a skillful forward but a tad on the small side. He’s listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22