Jan 30, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Montreal has recalled Christian Thomas from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Thursday.
Thomas, 21, was taken 40th overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Rangers, then flipped to Montreal in exchange for prospect Danny Kristo. Thomas made his NHL debut with the Blueshirts but has yet to play for the Habs, spending all of this season with the Bulldogs (he has 14 points in 23 games).
The son of former NHLer Steve Thomas, Christian is a skillful forward but a tad on the small side. He’s listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 9
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 1
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)