Jan 30, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Montreal has recalled Christian Thomas from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Thursday.
Thomas, 21, was taken 40th overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Rangers, then flipped to Montreal in exchange for prospect Danny Kristo. Thomas made his NHL debut with the Blueshirts but has yet to play for the Habs, spending all of this season with the Bulldogs (he has 14 points in 23 games).
The son of former NHLer Steve Thomas, Christian is a skillful forward but a tad on the small side. He’s listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 5
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 45
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63