Jan 30, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Montreal has recalled Christian Thomas from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Thursday.
Thomas, 21, was taken 40th overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Rangers, then flipped to Montreal in exchange for prospect Danny Kristo. Thomas made his NHL debut with the Blueshirts but has yet to play for the Habs, spending all of this season with the Bulldogs (he has 14 points in 23 games).
The son of former NHLer Steve Thomas, Christian is a skillful forward but a tad on the small side. He’s listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds.
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 2
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 23
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)