Jan 30, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Montreal has recalled Christian Thomas from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Thursday.
Thomas, 21, was taken 40th overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Rangers, then flipped to Montreal in exchange for prospect Danny Kristo. Thomas made his NHL debut with the Blueshirts but has yet to play for the Habs, spending all of this season with the Bulldogs (he has 14 points in 23 games).
The son of former NHLer Steve Thomas, Christian is a skillful forward but a tad on the small side. He’s listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54