Jan 30, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Budaj in, Price sits
The Montreal Canadiens have made an interesting decision for their second meeting of the year with Boston, giving backup Peter Budaj the start in place of Carey Price. Price has been shaky of late and was pulled in two of his last four games, but is coming off a stellar 36-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday.
As such, it’s a little surprising Montreal is going with Budaj — especially against a Bruins team that’s scored 18 goals in its last three games. What’s more, Price was outstanding last time out against Boston, stopping 32 of 33 shots in a 2-1 win in early December.
Tuukka Rask will be in net for the B’s tonight.
Sharks at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no word yet on a San Jose starter.
Wild at Avalanche: Nothing from either team.
Flyers at Ducks: Steve Mason vs. Frederik Andersen
Penguins at Kings: Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.; no word yet on a Pittsburgh starter.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1