Jan 30, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Budaj in, Price sits
The Montreal Canadiens have made an interesting decision for their second meeting of the year with Boston, giving backup Peter Budaj the start in place of Carey Price. Price has been shaky of late and was pulled in two of his last four games, but is coming off a stellar 36-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday.
As such, it’s a little surprising Montreal is going with Budaj — especially against a Bruins team that’s scored 18 goals in its last three games. What’s more, Price was outstanding last time out against Boston, stopping 32 of 33 shots in a 2-1 win in early December.
Tuukka Rask will be in net for the B’s tonight.
Sharks at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no word yet on a San Jose starter.
Wild at Avalanche: Nothing from either team.
Flyers at Ducks: Steve Mason vs. Frederik Andersen
Penguins at Kings: Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.; no word yet on a Pittsburgh starter.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)