Jan 30, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
All the latest from the blue paint…
Budaj in, Price sits
The Montreal Canadiens have made an interesting decision for their second meeting of the year with Boston, giving backup Peter Budaj the start in place of Carey Price. Price has been shaky of late and was pulled in two of his last four games, but is coming off a stellar 36-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday.
As such, it’s a little surprising Montreal is going with Budaj — especially against a Bruins team that’s scored 18 goals in its last three games. What’s more, Price was outstanding last time out against Boston, stopping 32 of 33 shots in a 2-1 win in early December.
Tuukka Rask will be in net for the B’s tonight.
Sharks at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no word yet on a San Jose starter.
Wild at Avalanche: Nothing from either team.
Flyers at Ducks: Steve Mason vs. Frederik Andersen
Penguins at Kings: Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.; no word yet on a Pittsburgh starter.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 19
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)