Jan 30, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
All the latest from the blue paint…
Budaj in, Price sits
The Montreal Canadiens have made an interesting decision for their second meeting of the year with Boston, giving backup Peter Budaj the start in place of Carey Price. Price has been shaky of late and was pulled in two of his last four games, but is coming off a stellar 36-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday.
As such, it’s a little surprising Montreal is going with Budaj — especially against a Bruins team that’s scored 18 goals in its last three games. What’s more, Price was outstanding last time out against Boston, stopping 32 of 33 shots in a 2-1 win in early December.
Tuukka Rask will be in net for the B’s tonight.
Sharks at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no word yet on a San Jose starter.
Wild at Avalanche: Nothing from either team.
Flyers at Ducks: Steve Mason vs. Frederik Andersen
Penguins at Kings: Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.; no word yet on a Pittsburgh starter.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)