Jan 30, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
The International Ice Hockey Federation has announced the four-man panel that’ll be in charge of discipline at the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Former NHLers Kay Whitmore, Stephane Quintal and Valeri Kamensky will serve under panel chairman Franz Reindl, who normally serves as the general secretary of the German Ice Hockey Association.
Quintal has extensive experience in the disciplinary field, having served in the NHL’s Department of Player Safety since the 2011-12 campaign. Whitmore has been working as a senior manager in the NHL’s hockey operations department for years, focusing primarily on goalie equipment rules and regulations. He’s also served as a playoff series manager on a number of occasions.
Kamensky is a high-ranking KHL official that serves as both the vice president of development and chairman of the league’s disciplinary committee.
According to the IIHF site, this panel “shall automatically review all violations sanctioned with a game misconduct or match penalty,” and “will conduct an official Disciplinary Review” in the case of any disciplinary issue. The hockey portion of the Winter Games gets underway on Feb. 12.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)