Jan 30, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
On home ice against their fiercest and most historic rival, the Boston Bruins were flat and the Montreal Canadiens played almost a completely perfect road game.
The Canadiens skated to a 4-1 victory, chasing goalie Tuukka Rask from the Boston net in the second period, with Chad Johnson coming into the game as his replacement. Not a great night for either puck stopper. The Canadiens, having recently snapped an ugly four-game losing streak were full value for the win, getting goals from four different players.
The topic of Rask getting pulled apparently caused some tension between the media and Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien following the game.
“Maybe sometimes you pull the goalie for different reasons. I don’t think I have to explain everything to you guys,” said Julien, according to Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette.
The bench boss added: “I’m trying to get out of this so you guys understand we weren’t very good tonight. See you guys next game.”
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)