Jan 30, 2014, 11:17 PM EST
On home ice against their fiercest and most historic rival, the Boston Bruins were flat and the Montreal Canadiens played almost a completely perfect road game.
The Canadiens skated to a 4-1 victory, chasing goalie Tuukka Rask from the Boston net in the second period, with Chad Johnson coming into the game as his replacement. Not a great night for either puck stopper. The Canadiens, having recently snapped an ugly four-game losing streak were full value for the win, getting goals from four different players.
The topic of Rask getting pulled apparently caused some tension between the media and Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien following the game.
“Maybe sometimes you pull the goalie for different reasons. I don’t think I have to explain everything to you guys,” said Julien, according to Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette.
The bench boss added: “I’m trying to get out of this so you guys understand we weren’t very good tonight. See you guys next game.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)