Jan 30, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
The often-heated rivalry between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has, so far tonight, gone largely in favor of the Habs. And that has meant the hook for Bruins’ goalie Tuukka Rask.
Rask was pulled after allowing three goals on 18 shots, just past the midway point of the second period. Chad Johnson came into the game, but didn’t get a warm welcome from the Canadiens.
The Canadiens come into this game in a struggle of their own, having lost four of their previous five games. In those four defeats, they were outscored 19-5.
This latest outing only continues Rask’s ongoing struggles against the Canadiens.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)