Jan 30, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
The often-heated rivalry between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has, so far tonight, gone largely in favor of the Habs. And that has meant the hook for Bruins’ goalie Tuukka Rask.
Rask was pulled after allowing three goals on 18 shots, just past the midway point of the second period. Chad Johnson came into the game, but didn’t get a warm welcome from the Canadiens.
The Canadiens come into this game in a struggle of their own, having lost four of their previous five games. In those four defeats, they were outscored 19-5.
This latest outing only continues Rask’s ongoing struggles against the Canadiens.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)