Jan 29, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Calgary alternate captain Mike Cammalleri is set to return from an eight-game absence (concussion) on Thursday, so the Flames made a corresponding roster move by waiving journeyman forward Blair Jones.
Jones, 27, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, scoring two goals while averaging 11:23 TOI per night. The former Tampa Bay draftee last played in Friday’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville, but sad out Tuesday’s OT win over Chicago.
Cammalleri, 31, sits tied for second on the Flames in goals this season, with 13. He took Wednesday’s line rushes alongside star rookie Sean Monahan and T.J. Galiardi, and should be good to go when Calgary hosts San Jose tomorrow night.
A pending UFA, Cammalleri is expected to be one of the major targets at this year’s trade deadline, so his return to health is a welcome sign for both the Flames and any potential suitors come Mar. 5.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30