Jan 29, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Calgary alternate captain Mike Cammalleri is set to return from an eight-game absence (concussion) on Thursday, so the Flames made a corresponding roster move by waiving journeyman forward Blair Jones.
Jones, 27, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, scoring two goals while averaging 11:23 TOI per night. The former Tampa Bay draftee last played in Friday’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville, but sad out Tuesday’s OT win over Chicago.
Cammalleri, 31, sits tied for second on the Flames in goals this season, with 13. He took Wednesday’s line rushes alongside star rookie Sean Monahan and T.J. Galiardi, and should be good to go when Calgary hosts San Jose tomorrow night.
A pending UFA, Cammalleri is expected to be one of the major targets at this year’s trade deadline, so his return to health is a welcome sign for both the Flames and any potential suitors come Mar. 5.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)