Jan 29, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Calgary alternate captain Mike Cammalleri is set to return from an eight-game absence (concussion) on Thursday, so the Flames made a corresponding roster move by waiving journeyman forward Blair Jones.
Jones, 27, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, scoring two goals while averaging 11:23 TOI per night. The former Tampa Bay draftee last played in Friday’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville, but sad out Tuesday’s OT win over Chicago.
Cammalleri, 31, sits tied for second on the Flames in goals this season, with 13. He took Wednesday’s line rushes alongside star rookie Sean Monahan and T.J. Galiardi, and should be good to go when Calgary hosts San Jose tomorrow night.
A pending UFA, Cammalleri is expected to be one of the major targets at this year’s trade deadline, so his return to health is a welcome sign for both the Flames and any potential suitors come Mar. 5.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)