Jan 29, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Calgary alternate captain Mike Cammalleri is set to return from an eight-game absence (concussion) on Thursday, so the Flames made a corresponding roster move by waiving journeyman forward Blair Jones.
Jones, 27, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, scoring two goals while averaging 11:23 TOI per night. The former Tampa Bay draftee last played in Friday’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville, but sad out Tuesday’s OT win over Chicago.
Cammalleri, 31, sits tied for second on the Flames in goals this season, with 13. He took Wednesday’s line rushes alongside star rookie Sean Monahan and T.J. Galiardi, and should be good to go when Calgary hosts San Jose tomorrow night.
A pending UFA, Cammalleri is expected to be one of the major targets at this year’s trade deadline, so his return to health is a welcome sign for both the Flames and any potential suitors come Mar. 5.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)