Jan 29, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
Calgary alternate captain Mike Cammalleri is set to return from an eight-game absence (concussion) on Thursday, so the Flames made a corresponding roster move by waiving journeyman forward Blair Jones.
Jones, 27, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, scoring two goals while averaging 11:23 TOI per night. The former Tampa Bay draftee last played in Friday’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville, but sad out Tuesday’s OT win over Chicago.
Cammalleri, 31, sits tied for second on the Flames in goals this season, with 13. He took Wednesday’s line rushes alongside star rookie Sean Monahan and T.J. Galiardi, and should be good to go when Calgary hosts San Jose tomorrow night.
A pending UFA, Cammalleri is expected to be one of the major targets at this year’s trade deadline, so his return to health is a welcome sign for both the Flames and any potential suitors come Mar. 5.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)