Jan 29, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
From the Ottawa Sun:
The Senators could gross up to $400-million as result of their new broadcast deal with Bell Media, the Ottawa Sun has learned.
League sources told the Sun the 12-year agreement the Senators announced to televise their regional games on TSN and continue with radio broadcasts on TSN 1200 is massive. While neither side will discuss the numbers, the belief is by the time this deal ends the Senators could be earning more than $30 million per season from the local broadcast rights.
If those numbers are accurate, this deal should go a long way towards helping the Sens regain their financial footing. No doubt TSN’s loss of the national rights package to Sportsnet put owner Eugene Melnyk in a great bargaining position.
By the way, the Sens could be an interesting team to watch leading up to the trade deadline. Combine this deal with their plethora of cap space and it’s not unrealistic to wonder if more talent could be on its way to Ottawa.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
He’s straightforward about it, at least.
Sep 23, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Vladimir Sobotka might say that’s actually a big gap, though.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
The jump to Xbox One and Playstation 4 has been bumpy.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
“It’s nothing new to me.”
Sep 23, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
That was quick.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Sep 23, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
So, you know, hurry up and sign, kid.
Sep 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
And Erik Karlsson’s the favorite to win the Norris.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Which will reportedly begin in September of 2016.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
First part of the two-part series starts in December.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sep 23, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Who will Ted Nolan choose?
Sep 23, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Courtesy a Beau Bennett high stick.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Incident occurred during last night’s win over the Rangers.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Lightning rookie will miss at least the first few games of the regular season.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s establishing what he expects early.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
Is Detroit in for another injury-filled year?
Sep 23, 2014, 7:53 AM EDT
That’s a picture of Marguerite Moreau, who played Connie.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mitts were dropped. Frequently.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Good start for a guy on a two-way deal.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)