Jan 29, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
According to reports, Tim Thomas won’t face a disciplinary hearing for his high-stick on Boston’s Carl Soderberg in Tuesday night’s 6-2 loss, nor will Buffalo’s Mike Weber for an elbow on Washington’s Nicklas Backstrom.
Thomas was given a two-minute minor for the infraction.
As for Weber — who also evaded a hearing, according to the Washington Post — he came under fire after catching Backstrom with a high hit late in regulation of Washington’s 5-4 OT win:
Weber wasn’t penalized on the play, but Backstrom addressed the hit following the game.
“I was going for a change, that’s the only thing I know,” he said, per The Post. “You saw the hit yourself, make your own judgment if it belongs in this league or not.”
- Mike Richards clears waivers 0
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 3
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)