Jan 29, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
According to reports, Tim Thomas won’t face a disciplinary hearing for his high-stick on Boston’s Carl Soderberg in Tuesday night’s 6-2 loss, nor will Buffalo’s Mike Weber for an elbow on Washington’s Nicklas Backstrom.
Thomas was given a two-minute minor for the infraction.
As for Weber — who also evaded a hearing, according to the Washington Post — he came under fire after catching Backstrom with a high hit late in regulation of Washington’s 5-4 OT win:
Weber wasn’t penalized on the play, but Backstrom addressed the hit following the game.
“I was going for a change, that’s the only thing I know,” he said, per The Post. “You saw the hit yourself, make your own judgment if it belongs in this league or not.”
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9