Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
The Jets assigned Postma to St. John’s in the AHL for a conditioning assignment so he can potentially rejoin the team soon.
Postma played in eight games this season before developing the blood clot on October 27. Since then, he’s been out of action waiting for things to clear up.
Postma could have a chance of getting right back into action with the Jets because of a back injury to Grant Clitsome and Dustin Byfuglien‘s move to forward. He’d likely have to beat out the likes of Keaton Ellerby, Zach Redmond, and Adam Pardy for ice time when he’s ready to play.
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 0
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 8
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 5
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 14
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 7
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 5
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (65)