Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
The Jets assigned Postma to St. John’s in the AHL for a conditioning assignment so he can potentially rejoin the team soon.
Postma played in eight games this season before developing the blood clot on October 27. Since then, he’s been out of action waiting for things to clear up.
Postma could have a chance of getting right back into action with the Jets because of a back injury to Grant Clitsome and Dustin Byfuglien‘s move to forward. He’d likely have to beat out the likes of Keaton Ellerby, Zach Redmond, and Adam Pardy for ice time when he’s ready to play.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 7
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 15
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)