Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
The Jets assigned Postma to St. John’s in the AHL for a conditioning assignment so he can potentially rejoin the team soon.
Postma played in eight games this season before developing the blood clot on October 27. Since then, he’s been out of action waiting for things to clear up.
Postma could have a chance of getting right back into action with the Jets because of a back injury to Grant Clitsome and Dustin Byfuglien‘s move to forward. He’d likely have to beat out the likes of Keaton Ellerby, Zach Redmond, and Adam Pardy for ice time when he’s ready to play.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)