Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
The Jets assigned Postma to St. John’s in the AHL for a conditioning assignment so he can potentially rejoin the team soon.
Postma played in eight games this season before developing the blood clot on October 27. Since then, he’s been out of action waiting for things to clear up.
Postma could have a chance of getting right back into action with the Jets because of a back injury to Grant Clitsome and Dustin Byfuglien‘s move to forward. He’d likely have to beat out the likes of Keaton Ellerby, Zach Redmond, and Adam Pardy for ice time when he’s ready to play.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)