Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
The Jets assigned Postma to St. John’s in the AHL for a conditioning assignment so he can potentially rejoin the team soon.
Postma played in eight games this season before developing the blood clot on October 27. Since then, he’s been out of action waiting for things to clear up.
Postma could have a chance of getting right back into action with the Jets because of a back injury to Grant Clitsome and Dustin Byfuglien‘s move to forward. He’d likely have to beat out the likes of Keaton Ellerby, Zach Redmond, and Adam Pardy for ice time when he’s ready to play.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)