Jan 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray hasn’t decided if he’ll be a buyer or seller at the trade deadline. “The team will decide that issue over the next couple of weeks.” (Ottawa Citizen)
Devils forward Dainius Zubrus broke his nose during Sunday’s outdoor game against the New York Rangers. As coach Pete DeBoer recalled, Zubrus had his nose reset and then, to the surprise of a Yankee trainer watching, returned to the contest. He went onto log another 14:29 minutes last night. (The Bergen Record)
Highlights from Washington’s 5-4 overtime victory against Buffalo:
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35