Jan 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray hasn’t decided if he’ll be a buyer or seller at the trade deadline. “The team will decide that issue over the next couple of weeks.” (Ottawa Citizen)
Devils forward Dainius Zubrus broke his nose during Sunday’s outdoor game against the New York Rangers. As coach Pete DeBoer recalled, Zubrus had his nose reset and then, to the surprise of a Yankee trainer watching, returned to the contest. He went onto log another 14:29 minutes last night. (The Bergen Record)
Highlights from Washington’s 5-4 overtime victory against Buffalo:
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29