Jan 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray hasn’t decided if he’ll be a buyer or seller at the trade deadline. “The team will decide that issue over the next couple of weeks.” (Ottawa Citizen)
Devils forward Dainius Zubrus broke his nose during Sunday’s outdoor game against the New York Rangers. As coach Pete DeBoer recalled, Zubrus had his nose reset and then, to the surprise of a Yankee trainer watching, returned to the contest. He went onto log another 14:29 minutes last night. (The Bergen Record)
Highlights from Washington’s 5-4 overtime victory against Buffalo:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5