Jan 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray hasn’t decided if he’ll be a buyer or seller at the trade deadline. “The team will decide that issue over the next couple of weeks.” (Ottawa Citizen)
Devils forward Dainius Zubrus broke his nose during Sunday’s outdoor game against the New York Rangers. As coach Pete DeBoer recalled, Zubrus had his nose reset and then, to the surprise of a Yankee trainer watching, returned to the contest. He went onto log another 14:29 minutes last night. (The Bergen Record)
Highlights from Washington’s 5-4 overtime victory against Buffalo:
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56