Jan 29, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Episode #2 of “NHL Revealed” premieres at 10 p.m. ET following the NHL Stadium Series outdoor game between the New York Islanders and New York Rangers on NBCSN.
The new episode of NHL Revealed will show how Vancouver Canucks players on Twitter came up with a campaign to support recently-suspended coach John Tortorella. Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, and some guy who goes by @strombone1 came up with “#freetorts” to rally the Twitter troops for the cause.
Over 10,000 re-tweets? That strombone guy sure is popular (if you didn’t know, that’s Roberto Luongo – also, where have you been?)
Supporting Torts via Twitter is especially funny after the coach warned those players about spilling secrets on there when he arrived in Vancouver.
NHL Revealed will also give you a peek at what it’s like for life on the road of two superstars having to play away from their families. Kesler and Kings captain Dustin Brown give a glimpse into how tough it can be to be away from the wife and kids.
Along with all that, you’ll see action from on the ice at the outdoor games in Los Angeles and New York. Settle in, it’s going to be a good night.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5