Jan 29, 2014, 6:34 PM EST
Episode #2 of “NHL Revealed” premieres at 10 p.m. ET following the NHL Stadium Series outdoor game between the New York Islanders and New York Rangers on NBCSN.
The new episode of NHL Revealed will show how Vancouver Canucks players on Twitter came up with a campaign to support recently-suspended coach John Tortorella. Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, and some guy who goes by @strombone1 came up with “#freetorts” to rally the Twitter troops for the cause.
Over 10,000 re-tweets? That strombone guy sure is popular (if you didn’t know, that’s Roberto Luongo – also, where have you been?)
Supporting Torts via Twitter is especially funny after the coach warned those players about spilling secrets on there when he arrived in Vancouver.
NHL Revealed will also give you a peek at what it’s like for life on the road of two superstars having to play away from their families. Kesler and Kings captain Dustin Brown give a glimpse into how tough it can be to be away from the wife and kids.
Along with all that, you’ll see action from on the ice at the outdoor games in Los Angeles and New York. Settle in, it’s going to be a good night.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21