Jan 29, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Episode #2 of “NHL Revealed” premieres at 10 p.m. ET following the NHL Stadium Series outdoor game between the New York Islanders and New York Rangers on NBCSN.
The new episode of NHL Revealed will show how Vancouver Canucks players on Twitter came up with a campaign to support recently-suspended coach John Tortorella. Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, and some guy who goes by @strombone1 came up with “#freetorts” to rally the Twitter troops for the cause.
Over 10,000 re-tweets? That strombone guy sure is popular (if you didn’t know, that’s Roberto Luongo – also, where have you been?)
Supporting Torts via Twitter is especially funny after the coach warned those players about spilling secrets on there when he arrived in Vancouver.
NHL Revealed will also give you a peek at what it’s like for life on the road of two superstars having to play away from their families. Kesler and Kings captain Dustin Brown give a glimpse into how tough it can be to be away from the wife and kids.
Along with all that, you’ll see action from on the ice at the outdoor games in Los Angeles and New York. Settle in, it’s going to be a good night.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)