Jan 29, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Episode #2 of “NHL Revealed” premieres at 10 p.m. ET following the NHL Stadium Series outdoor game between the New York Islanders and New York Rangers on NBCSN.
The new episode of NHL Revealed will show how Vancouver Canucks players on Twitter came up with a campaign to support recently-suspended coach John Tortorella. Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, and some guy who goes by @strombone1 came up with “#freetorts” to rally the Twitter troops for the cause.
Over 10,000 re-tweets? That strombone guy sure is popular (if you didn’t know, that’s Roberto Luongo – also, where have you been?)
Supporting Torts via Twitter is especially funny after the coach warned those players about spilling secrets on there when he arrived in Vancouver.
NHL Revealed will also give you a peek at what it’s like for life on the road of two superstars having to play away from their families. Kesler and Kings captain Dustin Brown give a glimpse into how tough it can be to be away from the wife and kids.
Along with all that, you’ll see action from on the ice at the outdoor games in Los Angeles and New York. Settle in, it’s going to be a good night.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)