Jan 29, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Episode #2 of “NHL Revealed” premieres at 10 p.m. ET following the NHL Stadium Series outdoor game between the New York Islanders and New York Rangers on NBCSN.
The new episode of NHL Revealed will show how Vancouver Canucks players on Twitter came up with a campaign to support recently-suspended coach John Tortorella. Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, and some guy who goes by @strombone1 came up with “#freetorts” to rally the Twitter troops for the cause.
Over 10,000 re-tweets? That strombone guy sure is popular (if you didn’t know, that’s Roberto Luongo – also, where have you been?)
Supporting Torts via Twitter is especially funny after the coach warned those players about spilling secrets on there when he arrived in Vancouver.
NHL Revealed will also give you a peek at what it’s like for life on the road of two superstars having to play away from their families. Kesler and Kings captain Dustin Brown give a glimpse into how tough it can be to be away from the wife and kids.
Along with all that, you’ll see action from on the ice at the outdoor games in Los Angeles and New York. Settle in, it’s going to be a good night.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 7
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 30
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)