Jan 29, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Martin Havlat will get his chance to show the San Jose Sharks he’s still got it once again.
Havlat has been out of the lineup since December 21 with a lower-body injury but, according to Curtis Pashelka, will likely be back on the ice and on the fourth line when they face the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
In 22 games this season, Havlat has three goals and five assists. He’s missed 31 games this season with a host of issues ranging from groin surgery in October to his latest injury.
Havlat’s struggles in San Jose are well known. Now in his third season with the Sharks, he’s played in 101 games and scored 18 goals with 35 assists. Despite the scoring woes and plummet down the lines, he’s been happy there. The Sharks would be a lot happier with him if he can find his offensive stroke once again.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 16
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)