Jan 29, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Martin Havlat will get his chance to show the San Jose Sharks he’s still got it once again.
Havlat has been out of the lineup since December 21 with a lower-body injury but, according to Curtis Pashelka, will likely be back on the ice and on the fourth line when they face the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
In 22 games this season, Havlat has three goals and five assists. He’s missed 31 games this season with a host of issues ranging from groin surgery in October to his latest injury.
Havlat’s struggles in San Jose are well known. Now in his third season with the Sharks, he’s played in 101 games and scored 18 goals with 35 assists. Despite the scoring woes and plummet down the lines, he’s been happy there. The Sharks would be a lot happier with him if he can find his offensive stroke once again.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10