Jan 29, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Martin Havlat will get his chance to show the San Jose Sharks he’s still got it once again.
Havlat has been out of the lineup since December 21 with a lower-body injury but, according to Curtis Pashelka, will likely be back on the ice and on the fourth line when they face the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
In 22 games this season, Havlat has three goals and five assists. He’s missed 31 games this season with a host of issues ranging from groin surgery in October to his latest injury.
Havlat’s struggles in San Jose are well known. Now in his third season with the Sharks, he’s played in 101 games and scored 18 goals with 35 assists. Despite the scoring woes and plummet down the lines, he’s been happy there. The Sharks would be a lot happier with him if he can find his offensive stroke once again.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 1
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 10
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 34
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)