Jan 29, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Martin Havlat will get his chance to show the San Jose Sharks he’s still got it once again.
Havlat has been out of the lineup since December 21 with a lower-body injury but, according to Curtis Pashelka, will likely be back on the ice and on the fourth line when they face the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
In 22 games this season, Havlat has three goals and five assists. He’s missed 31 games this season with a host of issues ranging from groin surgery in October to his latest injury.
Havlat’s struggles in San Jose are well known. Now in his third season with the Sharks, he’s played in 101 games and scored 18 goals with 35 assists. Despite the scoring woes and plummet down the lines, he’s been happy there. The Sharks would be a lot happier with him if he can find his offensive stroke once again.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25