Jan 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
—- Tonight in the Bronx, Henrik Lundqvist will try to go 2-for-2 at Yankee Stadium when his Rangers take on the Islanders, who will probably turn to veteran Evgeni Nabokov after Kevin Poulin struggled Monday versus the Bruins. Isles coach Jack Capuano is a bit superstitious about announcing his goalie, so tell you what, if it’s not Nabokov we’ll update the post.
— The third and final game of the night is Chicago at Vancouver. At this point, neither team has confirmed its starter, but we’d be shocked if it wasn’t Corey Crawford for the Blackhawks after Antti Raanta was yanked last night in Calgary. For the Canucks, we’d wager on Roberto Luongo over Eddie Lack.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29